Oxfordshire wedding fairs to look out for
You’ve said yes, and now it’s time to get planning! But where do you start? Wedding fairs are the best place to unleash your inner bride. Suppliers in the wedding industry flock to a wedding venue to show off everything they can offer you. You can talk face to face with the suppliers and ask them all the questions you need to know. Plus, there’s often free goodie bags and even cake tasting! Being wedding stationery suppliers for Oxfordshire, we keep an eye on the best wedding fairs in the area, and thought we’d help point you in the right direction.
With luck, you will find a wedding a fair here that suits you and your dates. But really, it’s never too early to go looking for wedding suppliers. If you’ve never planned a wedding before you will gain invaluable knowledge about coordinating the different services and of course get the opportunity to have a good look around all these stunning venues on offer in Oxfordshire.
Many of the wedding venues across Oxfordshire also hold open days in addition to wedding fairs, so you can see the space without it being full of stands. Often on these days the spaces are dressed in wedding style, so you can really picture what your big day will look and feel like.
Your first wedding fair
Here’s a few tips on how to prepare for your first wedding fair. First and most importantly, take your chief bridesmaid, or most trusted friend (or your fiancé of course)!
- Take water, you’ll be doing a lot of walking and talking!
- Speaking of walking, wear comfy shoes
- Have you listed your priorities?
- If you have a wedding planning book or colour swatches, don’t leave them at home
- Be prepared to carry lots of bags – most wedding suppliers will have bags for their flyers or samples, but not all
- Making notes on flyers and business cards is a good idea, so take a pen
- Are you prepared to buy on the day? Many suppliers offer promotional wedding fair discount so discuss with your partner before you get there so that you can grab a bargain!
Enjoy your wedding planning experience and if you see us at any of the fairs, be sure to come and say hello!
Further details of wedding fairs may be found on the Guides for Brides website, or Facebook page.